The University of Texas System Academy of Distinguished Teachers welcomes outstanding faculty to its membership each spring. Using a campus-based selection process, each campus in the UT System is invited to submit two (2) faculty nominations: one (1) tenured/tenure-track nominee and one (1) non-tenure-track nominee.
The following materials should be submitted in a single pdf document:
- ADT membership application form
- Nomination letter from President or Provost (or an administrator delegated authority to write such a letter, including a College Dean, Department Chair, etc.)
- Nominee's statement of interest and a narrative regarding potential contributions to the UT System Academy (two pages)
- A list of significant updates/addenda since the ROTA application, especially if the ROTA was awarded two or more years ago (two pages)
- The original Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award packet
The pdf document should include appropriate bookmarks for each of the nomination sections in the order listed above. The initial view in document properties should be set so that bookmarks are immediately visible when opening the document. This can be accomplished in Adobe under Properties, Initial View, and then by selecting Bookmarks Panel and Page under the dropdown list in the Navigation tab.
Nominations should be submitted via email to Mr. Weston Rose (email@example.com), Program & Communications Coordinator in the Office of Academic Affairs. If the file is too large to submit as an attachment to an email, please include a link to a cloud storage space, such as OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Institutions may contact Mr. Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions regarding the nomination process. For questions regarding the materials to be submitted, please contact any of the UTSADT Fellows at your institution.
The selection process will be conducted in February 2022 and applicants will be notified of the Academy's decision in March 2022.
All application materials are due to Mr. Rose no later than Friday, January 28, 2022.
UTSADT Current Members & Email Contacts
- Kevin Cokley, email@example.com
- John Daly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Danze, email@example.com
- Patrick Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Duke, email@example.com
- Brent Iverson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Prentice, email@example.com
- Carolyn Seepersad, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Speck, email@example.com
- Michael Starbird, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanna Kain Gentsch, email@example.com
- Karen Huxtable, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Murphy, email@example.com
- John Sibert, firstname.lastname@example.org
UT El Paso
- Beth Brunk-Chavez, email@example.com
- Martine Ceberio, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giulio Francia, email@example.com
- John Hadjimarcou, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Lujan, email@example.com
- Juan Noveron, firstname.lastname@example.org
UT Permian Basin
- Sophia Andres, Andres_s@utpb.edu
UT Rio Grande Valley
- Art Brownlow, email@example.com
- Alyssa Cavazos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colin Charlton, email@example.com
UT San Antonio
- Hector Aguilar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Fleuriet, Jill.Fleuriet@utsa.edu
- Mary McNaughton-Cassill, email@example.com