The Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) will lead in designing, implementing, and administering high quality, cost effective benefit programs for employees and retirees to support the mission of The University of Texas System.
The primary objective of the OEB is to maximize the benefits and services that employees and retirees of The University of Texas System receive for each dollar spent on benefits. In doing so, OEB, while working within the limitations of the marketplace, must weigh the needs and desires of employees, retirees, and their dependents who participate in the benefit plans through the UT System’s 14 institutions, and UT System Administration.
Responsibilities and Duties
OEB is responsible for seeking proposals for medical, dental, prescription drug, vision care, term life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long term disability contracts. OEB analyzes all bids received and makes recommendations as to which bids should be accepted. OEB is also responsible for the overall administration of the contracts, which are approved by The University of Texas Board of Regents.
Inherent to these duties are:
- Monitoring employee benefits to ensure their compliance with state statutes and contractual obligations.
- Representation of members via insurance consultants and claims adjudication.
- Data maintenance and transmission to and from the various insurance vendors.
- Communication of benefit information to members and administrators.
OEB works closely with, and receives invaluable assistance from the Human Resource Departments of each institution.
OEB was established by Article 3.50-3 of the Texas Insurance Code and complies with state laws and statutes pertinent to employee benefits for The UT System. Article 3.50-3 was recodified by the 77th Texas Legislature to Chapter 1601 .
Office of Employee Benefits Emails
Office of Employee Benefits STAFF
- Beisman, Jaclyn: Administrative Associate
- Bryant, Sandra: Benefits Billing Specialist
- Bunce, Christine: Benefits Supervisor
- Carter, Tiffanie: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Caperton, Kim: Senior Benefits Accountant
- Chambers, Laura: Director
- Conklin, Blane: Senior Systems Analyst
- Cotton, John: Special Advisor, Employee Benefits
- Craig, Kevin: Senior Systems Analyst
- Davenport, Shaun: Benefits Specialist
- Davis, Veronica: Administrative Assistant
- Edwards, Stephen: Senior Systems Analyst
- Eivens, Craig: Benefits Supervisor
- Garlock, Laura B.: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Godwin, Faye: Assistant Director, Insurance, Retirement, & Wellness
- Leong, Lisa: Senior Financial Analyst
- Marrs, Charles: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Matthews, Elizabeth: Benefits Analyst
- McKinney, Miriam: Systems Analyst
- McPherson, Sunny: Benefits Analyst
- Moore, James: Information Security Specialist
- Morman, Scott: Senior Functional Analyst, UTShare
- Nichols, June: Systems Analyst
- Parrish, Marc: Manager, Information Systems
- Pearson, Brenda: Benefits Specialist
- Pekar, Sarah H.: Administrative Project Coordinator
- Peticolas, Anne: Senior Systems Analyst
- Polonski, Tara: Benefits Accountant
- Reynolds, Cat: Systems Analyst
- Roman, Rolando: Manager, Wellness Programs
- Romo de Vivar, Maria: Senior Designer
- Rowell, Lance: Manager, Information Systems
- Santos, Vilma L.: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Scott, Ray: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Scott, Shunta: Administrative Assistant
- Shipley, Kathi: Assistant Director, Finance
- Southwell, Coral: Administrative Assistant
- Spencer, Wendy: Benefits Billing Supervisor
- Srinivasan, Radhika: Senior Systems Analyst
- Stewart, Daniel N.: Associate Vice Chancellor for Employee Benefits and Services
- Trepanier, Shelley: Senior Administrative Associate
- Williams, Michael: Senior Systems Analyst
Location and Contact Information
Office of Employee Benefits
The University of Texas System
210 W. 6th Street, Suite B.140E
Austin, TX 78701
(800) 888-6824 (toll free)
Benefits Advisory Committee (BAC) -- Formerly SWIAC
Find out who your BAC representatives are and view the latest By-laws.