RESOURCES FOR INTERNAL STAFF
The Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) will lead in designing, implementing, and administering high quality, cost effective benefit programs for employees and retirees to support the mission of The University of Texas System.
The primary objective of the OEB is to maximize the benefits and services that employees and retirees of The University of Texas System receive for each dollar spent on benefits. In doing so, OEB, while working within the limitations of the marketplace, must weigh the needs and desires of employees, retirees, and their dependents who participate in the benefit plans through the UT System’s 14 institutions, and UT System Administration.
Responsibilities and Duties
OEB is responsible for seeking proposals for medical, dental, prescription drug, vision care, term life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long term disability contracts. OEB analyzes all bids received and makes recommendations as to which bids should be accepted. OEB is also responsible for the overall administration of the contracts, which are approved by The University of Texas Board of Regents.
Inherent to these duties are:
- Monitoring employee benefits to ensure their compliance with state statutes and contractual obligations.
- Representation of members via insurance consultants and claims adjudication.
- Data maintenance and transmission to and from the various insurance vendors.
- Communication of benefit information to members and administrators.
OEB works closely with, and receives invaluable assistance from the Human Resource Departments of each institution.
OEB was established by Article 3.50-3 of the Texas Insurance Code and complies with state laws and statutes pertinent to employee benefits for The UT System. Article 3.50-3 was recodified by the 77th Texas Legislature to Chapter 1601.
Office of Employee Benefits Emails
- For Insurance Questions: email@example.com
- For UTRetirement Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Living Well Questions: email@example.com
- For UT Benefits Billing Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For COBRA Billing Questions: email@example.com
Location and Contact Information
Office of Employee Benefits STAFF
- Beisman, Jaclyn: Records Coordinator / Admin. Associate
- Bryant, Sandra: Benefits Billing Specialist
- Bunce, Christine: Benefits Supervisor
- Carter, Tiffanie: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Caperton, Kim: Senior Benefits Accountant
- Chambers, Laura: Executive Director
- Conklin, Blane: Senior Systems Analyst
- Cotton, John: Special Advisor, Employee Benefits
- Craig, Kevin: Senior Systems Analyst
- Davenport, Shaun: Benefits Specialist
- Edwards, Stephen: Senior Systems Analyst
- Eivens, Craig: Benefits Supervisor
- Garlock, Laura B.: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Godwin, Faye: Associate Director, Lead Benefits, Retirement, & Wellness
- Leong, Lisa: Senior Benefits Accountant
- Marrs, Charles: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Matthews, Elizabeth: Benefits Analyst
- McKinney, Miriam: Systems Analyst
- McPherson, Sunny: Benefits Analyst
- Moore, James: Information Security Analyst
- Morman, Scott: Senior Functional Analyst, UTShare
- Nichols, June: Senior Systems Analyst
- Parrish, Marc: Manager, Information Systems
- Pearson, Brenda: Benefits Specialist
- Pekar, Sarah H.: Project Coordinator
- Peticolas, Anne: Senior Systems Analyst
- Polonski, Tara: Benefits Accountant
- Reynolds, Cat: Senior Systems Analyst
- Roman, Rolando: Manager, Wellness Programs
- Romo de Vivar, Maria: Art Director / Designer
- Rowell, Lance: Manager, Information Systems
- Santos, Vilma L.: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Scott, Ray: Senior Benefits Analyst
- Scott, Shunta: Benefits Specialist
- Shipley, Kathi: Assistant Director, Finance
- Southwell, Coral: Administrative Assistant
- Spencer, Wendy: Benefits Billing Supervisor
- Srinivasan, Radhika: Senior Systems Analyst
- Trepanier, Shelley: Senior Administrative Associate
- Zaligson, Jennifer: Benefits Billing Specialist
Benefits Advisory Committee (BAC) -- Formerly SWIAC
Find out who your BAC representatives are and view the latest By-laws.