International Risk & Insurance Analyst
International Travel Assistance - Overview of International SOS
International SOS is a comprehensive, 24/7 medical and security assistance provider. Services are available at no cost to individuals on official university business and at a discount for traveling companions and employees traveling abroad for leisure.
- Pre-departure Preparation: By logging onto the International SOS website (www.internationalsos.com) with the UT Member ID: 11BSGC000037, you can sign up for health and security email alerts and review valuable, comprehensive, and timely country-specific information.
- While Abroad: International SOS will help you locate a qualified health care provider, replace a prescription, or simply answer a general medical or security concern.
- In an Emergency: International SOS can assist with getting you immediate care, whether it requires evacuating you to a center of medical excellence or closely monitoring your condition with local doctors. If you are abroad and in need of immediate assistance, contact International SOS 24/7 at 1-215-942-8059 (UT-dedicated line).
To print an Internatioal SOS card, log onto the International SOS website (www.internationalsos.com) with UT Member ID: 11BSGC000037. This card contains UT's membership number and phone numbers to Internatioal SOS alarm centers around the world. You can call anytime 24/7 to utilize any of the medical, security, or travel services. Carry the Internatioal SOS membership card with you for the duration of your travel abroad.
- Pre-trip health information (e.g. vaccination and medical alerts)
- Referrals to local doctors or medical providers
- Emergency and routine medical advice
- Medical monitoring and claims assistance
- Guarantees of payment to local hospital/clinics
- Emergency medical evaluation and repatriation services
- Real time safety and security information about your destination
- 24/7 access to security specialists
- Security evacuation services
- Legal referrals
- Translations and interpreters
- Lost document assistance (e.g. passport, visa)
- Online tools, including country guides, email alerts, and secure storage of emergency records
Online registration with International SOS allows for proactive assistance in times of crisis. Registration with International SOS is a System-wide requirement for all international travel.
- If your travel reservation is confirmed and ticketed through a UT System contract travel agency (Anthony Travel and Corporate Travel Planners):
- Your travel itinerary is automatically registered with International SOS
- You will receive an Automated Travel Advisory with links to health and destination specific information via email
- If your travel reservation is confirmed and ticketed through an alternate source, register your travel with International SOS by completing the following steps:
- Go to: www.internationalsos.com
- UT System Member ID: 11BSGC000037
- Click on MyTrips link at center of page and enter travel details
- Highly recommended to also complete the Emergency Record
Click on the link below to view a quick reference guide outlining International SOS and Blue Cross/Blue Shield coverage for UT Employees. As always, if you are abroad and in need of immediate assistance, contact International SOS 24/7 at 1-215-942-8059 (UT-dedicated line).
UT System employees and family members receive a 20% discount for leisure travel coverage.
Go to www.internationalsos.com
- Enter Member ID: 11BSGC000037
- Click on "Personal Travel" button on the right side of the page
- Click on "Get your online quote and employee discount now" link at the bottom of the page
You may also call 1-800-523-8662 to speak with an international SOS representative to secure coverage. You must mention that you work for The University of Texas System (Member ID: 11BSGC000037) to obtain the 20% discount.
The Office of Risk Management recommends that travel companions accompanying UT employees on University business always purchase individual International SOS memberships.