The UT Health Network is an enhanced plan design for UT SELECT participants receiving services from certain UT physicians at certain UT System Health Institutions. The UT Health Network has lower copays and coinsurance when seeing a UT physician at a UT-owned facility, and you can also save on physician charges when treatment is received from a UT physician at a non-UT owned facility.
Benefits of the new UT Health Network along with several claims examples are illustrated below. You can also print or save the UT Health Network Flyer for future reference.
|STANDARD UT SELECT
|PRIMARY CARE||$20 copay||$30 copay|
|SPECIALIST||$25 copay||$35 copay|
|EMPLOYEE CLINIC*||$10 copay||$30 copay|
|INPATIENT COPAY*||$0 / day||$100 / day (max $500)|
Participating UT Medical institutions include:
- UT Rio Grande Valley providers and facilities (effective September 1, 2018);
- UT Medical Branch Galveston facilities and providers;
- UT Health East Texas (Tyler) facilities and providers;
- UT Health Houston providers and facilities;
- UT Health San Antonio providers; and
- Employee and Nursing Clinics at UT Austin, UT Health Houston, UT Health San Antonio, and UT Rio Grande Valley (effective 9/1/18).
For additional information, including details about available Employee & Nursing Clinics, please see the individual city links under "UT Health Network" in the navigation menu.
You can also log into Blue Access for Members to access the Provider Finder specific to UT SELECT Medical, where participating providers and facilities are clearly marked as being part of the UT Health Network. You must be logged in to see the "UT Health Network" designation.
Reminder: In Hospital / Outpatient Services
Benefits and claims for services provided by Emergency Room physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, and pathologists will be based on the network status of the provider. Ask your providers if they are in the BCBS network to ensure network benefits will apply.
Prescription Drug Plan
The UT SELECT Prescription Drug plan (administered by Express Scripts) is included in the UT SELECT Basic Coverage package. There are occasional updates to the formulary for the UT SELECT Prescription Drug plan. Even though the plan benefits are not changing (annual deductible and copays), you could see changes in your medication costs, generally after January 1 of each year.
Your UT Health Network benefit applies depending on the status of the provider and facility as shown below.
- Visit to a Participating Employee or Nursing Clinic
Member pays $10 copay.
- Office Visit with a UT Provider (at any Facility)
Member pays office visit copay of $20 or $25.
- Inpatient or Outpatient Services with a UT Provider at a participating UT Facility
Member pays regular $350 deductible, 10% coinsurance on provider and facility charges, and a $0 inpatient/$100 outpatient copay.
- Inpatient or Outpatient Services with a UT Provider at a non-participating Facility
Member pays regular $350 deductible, 10% coinsurance on provider charges, 20% coinsurance on facility charges, and $100 facility copay per day.