Contributing to the UTSaver Tax-Sheltered Annuity Program can significantly reduce your current taxes and help you save for retirement. Contributions are conveniently taken by payroll deduction.
Retirement Programs at a Glance
All employees of the UT System are eligible to participate in the UTSaver TSA.
- Contact your Benefits Office and request a calculation of your contribution limit.
- Review and select a provider(s) from the list of authorized providers. You may select more than one provider for your UTSaver TSA participation.
- Log onto UTRetirement Manager and click on the TSA Enroll/Change page.
- Complete an account application(s) with the provider(s) you have selected.
You can contribute as little as $15 per month or as much as 100% of your eligible compensation up to $22,500 (for 2023) in the UTSaver TSA, (Traditional and Roth combined). There are also two catch up provisions:
- Age 50 Catch up: If you are age 50 or older, you may contribute an additional $7,500.
- 15 Years of Service Catch up: If you have 15 years of UT System service, and your previous deferrals in the UTSaver TSA have averaged less than $5,000 per year, you may defer up to an additional $3,000. The additional deferral may not exceed a lifetime maximum of $15,000. Eligibility for the amount you can contribute under this catch-up provision must be calculated by your Benefits Office.
Your UTSaver Deferred Compensation Plan contributions do not affect the total amount you are able to defer under the UTSaver TSA.