The UT System Living Well Heart Walk
February is American Heart Month. At 10 a.m. on February 9, 2018, each of our UT System institutions gathered for the third annual 10 at 10 Heart Walk. We walked together for 10 minutes to celebrate and create heart health awareness.
As a part of this event and throughout the year, UT System Living Well program challenges YOU to know your blood pressure, and if it’s high, we challenge you to work towards getting it under control. High blood pressure often shows no signs or symptoms, which is why having your blood pressure checked regularly is important. It's easy to get your blood pressure checked. You can get screened at your doctor's office and drugstores, you can check it yourself at your institution blood pressure stations, or you can even check it at home, using a home blood pressure monitor.
2018 HEART WALK
UT System Administration
Various locations, see the Wellness website.
Join the Wellness Committee, Texas Hall (box office area) at 10 am for a 10 min walk.
- Cypress Bend Café (San Jacinto Residence Hall)
- Littlefield Patio Café (Littlefield Residence Hall)
- Pickle Research Campus, Commons Learning Center | Commons Café.
- Each guided walk will start and finish at the same location.
A 10-minute group walk followed by coffee, snacks and time with therapy dogs! Register for the Heart Walk Today on UT Learn.
UT El Paso
We will meet at the Centennial Plaza at 9:45 am. Walk will start at 10 am.
UT Health San Antonio
Walk will start at the flag pole in front of SOM (Long Campus).
UT Health Northwest
Meeting at the entrance to the Camp Fannin Walking Trail.
UT Health Houston
University Center Tower 1st floor (by the security desk).
UT Permian Basin
We will meet at 9:50 am at the UTPB Courtyard! We will go around the Science Building and back to the Courtyard for our 10 minute walk.
UT San Antonio
- Main Campus: Meet at the North Paseo Building on the Paseo del Norte side of the building
- Downtown Campus: Meet in Bill Miller Plaza by the Frio Street Building
- Hemisfair Campus/Institute of Texan Cultures: Meet at the Flag Poles in front of the museum
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Bass Campus at the Heart Health Fair from 11:00am – 1:00pm.
Meeting at the Harvey Deck, at 10 am for 10 minutes!
- Main Campus: Pickens Academic Tower 2nd floor, walking to the Prairie via skybridge.
- Bastrop: In front of Admin building.
- Smithville-Science Park: In front of Conference Center, walking the Loop.
- Houston Area Location-Katy: In front of building, walking the perimeter of the parking lot.
- Houston Are Location-Woodlands: Patio area by the cafeteria behind St Luke’ sLakeside Hospital.
- Main Campus – Plinth
- Callier Center Dallas – Main Lobby
- Center for BrainHealth – Main Lobby of BPI
- Center for Vital Longevity – See Vivian Brockwell
- Synergy Park North (SPN) – Main entrance (outside)
UT Rio Grande Valley
- Edinburg Site: 1201 West University Dr. Student Services Building (ESSBL) Visitors Center by Bronc Statue.
- Edinburg Site: 1407 E. Freddy Gonzalez Dr. Community Engagement & Student Success Building (ECESS) South Entrance.
- Brownsville Site: One West University Blvd. Main Courtyard (BMAIN).
- Harlingen Site: 2102 Treasure Hills Blvd. Clinical Education Building (HCEBL) Main Entrance
UT Medical Branch Galveston
- Angleton Danbury Campus – Please contact Michael Washburn
- Galveston Campus – Please contact Leslie Blacketer
- League City Campus – Please contact Amber Scarbrough
If you are unable to meet at one of the designated campus locations, please feel free to gather your co-workers at your location for a 10-minute walk.