Welcome to the University of Texas System!
We are pleased to offer UT Benefits, a dynamic and flexible package of valuable programs including access to comprehensive health insurance and other optional coverages.
This website and the Enrollment Guide for Employees provide information about eligibility, waiting periods, premium sharing, and all available insurance options so that you can make the best possible benefits decisions for yourself and your family.
New employees have 31 days from their hire date to enroll in the UT Benefits programs.
Learn about your UT Benefits
- Review plan information and other resources on this website.
- Review the Legal Notices section of the Enrollment Guide for Employees.
- Attend orientation or benefits fairs.
- View the Benefits Overview for New Employees video.
- Contact your institution Benefits Office or the Plan Administrators for questions.
- Enroll within 31 days of your date of hire through your institution HR/Benefits Office.
- Complete evidence of insurability (EOI) if necessary no later than 15 days from the end of the initial period of eligibility.
- Keep a copy of your enrollment and check your first paycheck after your benefits effective date to be sure your coverage is correct.
- Add, update, or confirm beneficiary information for life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and voluntary retirement accounts.
- Look for new ID cards within two weeks of your effective date if you have enrolled in new coverage.