Leave balances may be viewed in PeopleSoft. Posted balances are based on approved timesheets.
- Vacation and sick will accrue beginning with your date of hire.
- You may not use vacation leave until you have 6 months of continuous state service. Any instance of leave without pay for a full calendar month during the initial 6 months will cause the 6-month count to restart.
- With manager approval, you may use sick and comp immediately upon earning.
- Monthly vacation and sick accruals are available for use as of the first of the month.
- Vacation accrual rates and carryover limits are based on your total state service and starts at 8 hours. Sick accrues at 8 hours. Vacation and sick accruals are proportionate to your appointment (full-time or part-time).
- Earned comp time expires 12 months after earning.
- Employees in FLSA non-exempt positions are eligible to earn overtime with prior manager approval. Overtime does not expire. However, balances must be used or paid in accordance with HOP 3.2.1 Fair Labor Standards Act - Overtime.
- Please contact your timekeeper for assistance with leave balances.