UT System business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Managers may approve adjusted work schedules as needed for business purposes and/or to provide flexible work schedules as long as there is sufficient staffing to conduct business during official operating hours. Though you may be occasionally required or permitted to work through a meal period, your regular work schedule must include a meal period of at least 30 minutes.
- Planned absences must be requested in advance. Check with your manager for their preferred method of submitting leave requests.
- Timesheets must be submitted and approved on a weekly basis and no later than 90-days from the timesheet date.
- Hours worked must be reported in quarter hour increments. (Ex: 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. = 8.25 hours with one-hour lunch)
- If you are an hourly employee (paid twice a month) be sure to reference the Payroll Schedule. Your timesheets must be submitted and approved in accordance with the schedule for timely payment. Please review the Hourly Employee Time Reporting Manual.
- If you are a salaried employee, please review the Salaried Employee Time Reporting & Leave Balances Manual for instructions on how to report time and view leave balances.
- Be sure to record absences on your timesheet using the appropriate leave type.
- Please review Time Reporting Guidelines.
- Managers, please review the Manager Timesheet Approvals & Leave Balances Manual for instructions on how to approve time and view leave balances.
- Hourly Employee Time Reporting Manual
- Salaried Employee Time Reporting & Leave Balances Manual
- Manager Timesheet Approvals & Leave Balances Manual
- Delegation (Manager) Job Aid
- Delegation (Delegate) Job Aid
- Timekeeper Manual
- Employee & Manager Timesheet Training (55:11 mins)
- Employee: Report Time Worked (2:00 mins)
- Employee: Report Absence - State Comp, Overtime and Wellness (2:33 mins)
- Employee: Report Absence - Vacation, Sick and More (3:36 mins)
- Employee: Submit Multiple Absence Events in a Single Week (4:09 mins)
- Employee: Check Timesheet Submission (4:09 mins)
- Employee: Edit Absence Event (2:29 mins)
- Employee: Cancel Absence Event (1:10 mins)
- Employee: View Leave Balances, State Service and Vacation Carryover (1:21 mins)
- Manager: Timesheet Approvals (1:32 mins)
- Manager: Cancel Absence Approvals (1:29 mins)
- Manager: View Direct Reports Leave Balances, State Service and Vacation Carryover (1:39 mins)